AGR3000 - Agriculture Safety
Prerequisite for Green Certificate
In this course you will recognize and assess the hazards and learn about managing the risks of working in an agricultural environment. You will identify community resources that may be available to you to ensure that you develop safety awareness, and learn about ways to ensure your workplace is a safe environment to work in.
AGR3000 - Agriculture Safety has been developed and designed by the Job Safety Skills Society as a credentialed safety course. Students are introduced to essential health and safety principles and practices that enable them to develop the necessary skills and positive attitude for everyday safe and healthy work/life activities... at home, on the job and in their community.
The JobSafe Program is designed to:
- Educate youth about workplace health and safety issues,
- Promote the development of a positive attitude toward safety, and
- Give youth a solid foundation for future workplace training.
The JobSafe Program is developed by professionals with first-hand knowledge in health and safety issues, principles and practice.
AGR 3000 is a mandatory Alberta Education prerequisite course for all Alberta high school students wanting to participate in the Green Certificate Program. AGR3000 is about workplace safety systems and upon completion students will receive one credit.
Criteria for registration in the AGR3000 course is as follows:
- Students must be currently registered with RDCRS Off-campus in the Green Certificate Program. To register, AGR3000 - Agriculture Safety form or type bit.ly/rdcrsagr3000
- Students must be under 20 as of September 1 of the current school year
- Students must be a minimum of 15 years of age
AGR3000 is delivered through St. Gabriel Learning Centre. AGR3000 - Agriculture Safety form or type bit.ly/rdcrsagr3000
Green Certificate credits cannot be assigned to students who have not completed AGRS3000.
For Further Information
- Phone | 403-343-1055 ext 310259
- Email | firstname.lastname@example.org